Thursday 6 May 2010

Walter Smith casts doubt over Andrew Ellis takeover bid

Rangers boss Walter Smith has cast doubts over Andrew Ellis's bid to buy the club from Sir David Murray.
Ellis issued a vague statement on Monday night to Sky Sports claiming that there will be serious developments in the next three or four weeks.
Also in the statement Ellis suggested: "Should I gain control if the club I intend to offer Walter a new contract as his experience and knowledge is invaluable both to me and the club."
That should have been good news for the veteran manager who has been working without a contract since the turn of the year and who is in the dark over next season's budget.
A meeting with club chairman Alastair Johnston is planned for Saturday to discuss the budget and the fate of six out of contract players including Kris Boyd and captain Davie Weir.
Smith has become clearly frustrated about being kept in the dark about the club's finances and wasn't overly excited about the latest soundbite coming from the Ellis camp.
 David Tanner, Sky Sports : "The potential new owner said some very positive things last night, including about yourself Walter, are you more optomistic about the future of Rangers now?
Walter Smith: "I don't know because in the end I've never spoken to the chap who has mentioned that, I don't know.
"He can say what he likes about me but I would be obliged if he would speak to me before he mentions anything else in the newspapers again.
"I agree with Sir David Murray, if somebody is going to come in and take over the club then do so instead of talking about it in newspapers."
David Tanner: "Walter, thank you."
On Monday Ellis told Sky Sports: "The bid includes all the club's debt and I'm optimistic there will be serious developments in the next three to four weeks.
"Should I gain control if the club I intend to offer Walter a new contract as his experience and knowledge is invaluable both to me and the club.
"It is only fitting that former chairman Sir David Murray should be offered the role of life president as what he has done for the club can never be forgotten."
Ellis statement to Sky Sports 

Video Celts on an end of season Bosman over HERE

1 comment:

Tips-Free-Bets said...

Dear Sir,



we are from www.tips-free-bets.com and we are interested in exchanging a link with you. Our site is PR 4. We are also open to do a content exchange with link embedded if you prefer.



Our link is:

URL: http://www.tips-free-bets.com/bookmaker-paddy-power

Title: Paddy Power Free Bets



Many thanks

Jessica Rowe

Tips-Free-Bets.com